10 Session, Hands-On Orthodontic Course using Self-ligating Brackets
- This is the ONLY COMPREHENSIVE, CLINICAL HANDS-ON ORTHODONTIC COURSE teaching straight-wire SELF-LIGATING BRACKETS to Non-Orthodontic Specialists!
Bonus instruction on CLEAR ALIGNERS also included!
- This Course will prepare you to confidently diagnose / treat most Class I, II, and III malocclusions. Each session includes Friday lecture followed by Saturday clinic, where you will treat patients with instructor oversight and support.
- Learn the same advanced straight-wire SELF-LIGATING BRACKET SYSTEM that most Orthodontic Specialists use! Click here to learn more about the advantages of Self-ligating Brackets.
- Learn orthodontics like residents do -- BY TREATING PATIENTS, NOT TYPODONTS!
- 18 month INTEREST-FREE FINANCING is available through the Institute for the 10-Session tuition!
- Stop Referring Out Orthodontics and Grow Your Practice! Just 3 cases per month could add an estimated $15,000 per month to your practice!
- You will learn from experienced orthodontic instructors Drs. Steve Snodell and Jeffery Gerhardt. Dr. Gerhardt has been teaching dentists – over 300 and counting – how to straighten teeth for over 20 years! Dr. Gerhardt is a general dentist but also has a large thriving orthodontic practice at his office. Dr. Snodell is an Orthodontic Specialist with 20+ years’ experience in fixed orthodontics and clear aligners.
- With your enrollment, you will automatically become a member of the Institute and can start receiving valuable member discounts from participating orthodontic and dental vendors.
- Course Size is Limited, So Enroll Now to Secure Your Spot!
- You can EASILY recover the course tuition by completing just 3 or 4 ortho cases in your practice!
- Learn how to competently treat orthodontic cases of varying difficulties, from minor tooth alignments, mixed dentition, to extraction cases. Our course will enable you to treat almost all orthodontic patients in your practice.
- Learn how TMJ and airway issues impact orthodontics and receive bonus lectures on minor tooth movement, using clear aligners and other bracket systems.
- Learn strategies on how to successfully incorporate orthodontics into your practice, which will dramatically enhance your revenues.
- Orthodontics will help improve your restorative dentistry.
- You don't have to wait until you complete the course to start orthodontic cases. Your instructor provides complimentary mentoring on the cases you start in your practice during the course. We encourage you to bring patient records to Friday sessions for mentoring.
- You can optionally enroll your dental assistants in our 12 hour Orthodontic Dental Assistant Training Course taught by Dr. Gerhardt and his experienced staff.
- You can optionally enroll your front office staff in our Orthodontic Front Office Training to receive 4 hours of ortho patient set up training (via Zoom).
Your instructors for this course, Drs. Jeffery Gerhardt and Steve Snodell (Orthodontic Specialist), each have 20+ years orthodontic experience.
In this comprehensive continuing education course, licensed dentists treat actual patients in a clinical environment with instructor oversight, just like you did in dental school.
We structured our 10 Session course to resemble, as much as practical, an orthodontic residency for non-orthodontic specialists.
The course meets one weekend every other month for Friday lecture followed by Saturday clinic for patient treatment. OTI provides all dental supplies, course materials, and patients for the course.
Our comprehensive lectures include instruction on how to identify and effectively treat varying malocclusions using the straight-wire technique.
The extensive knowledge you gain in the Friday lectures is extensively reinforced by your direct patient treatment at Saturday’s clinic, providing you with an ideal learning experience.
Course Make-Up & Structure
This comprehensive orthodontic CE course includes a substantial hands-on component where dentists treat orthodontic patients in a clinical setting with intensive instructor oversight.
Because of the clinical component, course size is limited to a maximum of 20 dentists and we encourage you to enroll early in order to secure your spot.
Sessions generally meet for lecture on Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (with a break for lunch on your own) at the contracted hotel and on Saturday for patient clinic at the host dental practice from 8:00 AM to approximately 3:00 PM.
Each session meets every other month for a total of 10 sessions over approximately 20 months.
Two dentists pair per operatory and each pair is typically assigned 6 to 7 patients.
Our goal is to keep those patients with the same dentists throughout the course (from braces on to braces off).
We take numerous photos throughout the course, so starting in Session 3, all course dentists will study all patient cases participating in the course.
The Friday lectures include the following topics:
- How brackets move teeth
- Differences in bracket systems
- Diagnosis - Class I, II, and III Malocclusions
- Cephalometric analysis and treatment planning
- Extractions – when to extract
- How to present ortho cases to patients
- Orthodontic Straight-Wire Mechanics
- How to band and bracket teeth
- Facial Aesthetics
- Ortho Appliances
- Palatal Expanders
- Limited Orthodontic Cases – minor tooth movement
- Space Maintenance
- Overbite / Overjet
- Open Bites
- Surgical (Orthognathic) Orthodontics
- Case Finishing
- Orthodontic Practice Management
Tuition for 10-Session Hands-On Orthodontic Course
* Hands-On Tuition includes OTI membership for 2022 and 2023
ASK US ABOUT 18 MONTHS INTEREST FREE FINANCING
HANDS-ON COURSE DATES
Jeffery Gerhardt, D.D.S., P.C. (dba Advanced Family Dentistry)
3415-A El Salido Pkwy
Cedar Park, TX 78613
* mention you are attending our 10 Session Course to obtain a discount on room rates