|2022 – 2024||Course Full||Austin|
|2023 – 2025||Enrollment Open||Austin|
- This is the only comprehensive, hands-on orthodontic course teaching straight-wire self-ligating brackets to Non-Orthodontic Specialists!
- Bonus instruction on clear aligners also included!
- This Course will prepare you to confidently diagnose / treat most Class I, II, and III malocclusions. Each session includes Friday lecture followed by Saturday clinic, where you will treat patients with instructor oversight and support.
- Learn the same advanced straight-wire self-ligating bracket system that many Orthodontic Specialists use!
- Learn orthodontics like residents do — by treating patients, not typodonts!
- 18 month interest-free financing is available through the Institute for the 10-Session tuition!
- Stop Referring Out Orthodontics and Grow Your Practice! Just 3 cases per month could add an estimated $15,000 per month in production to your practice!
- You will learn from experienced orthodontic instructors. The OTI instructors boast decades of experience in patient treatment and training, and they also hold positions in organizations like the Academy of GP Orthodontists, the Academy of General Dentistry, and more.
- With your enrollment, you will automatically become a member of the Institute and can start receiving valuable member discounts from participating orthodontic and dental vendors.
- Course Size is Limited, So Enroll Now to Secure Your Spot!
- You can easily recover the course tuition by completing just 3 or 4 ortho cases in your practice!
- Learn how to competently treat orthodontic cases of varying difficulties, from minor tooth alignments, mixed dentition, to complicated extraction cases. Our course will enable you to treat most orthodontic patients in your practice.
- Learn strategies on how to successfully incorporate orthodontics into your practice to increase your revenues.
- Orthodontics will help improve your restorative dentistry.
- You don’t have to wait until you complete the course to start orthodontic cases. Your instructor provides complimentary mentoring on the cases you start in your practice during the course. We encourage you to bring patient records to Friday sessions for mentoring.
- We will also be treating some patients hands-on with Spark Clear Aligners
Your instructors have decades of experience in dental and orthodontic services. By taking OTI courses, you receive the kind of education and direct training that have helped dentists throughout the country add orthodontic care to their in-house services.
In this comprehensive continuing education course, licensed dentists treat actual patients in a clinical environment with instructor oversight, just like you did in dental school.
We structured our 10 Session course to resemble, as much as practical, an orthodontic residency for non-orthodontic specialists.
The course meets one weekend every other month for Friday lecture followed by Saturday clinic for patient treatment. OTI provides all dental supplies, course materials, and patients for the course.
Our comprehensive lectures include instruction on how to identify and effectively treat varying malocclusions using the straight-wire technique.
The extensive knowledge you gain in the Friday lectures is extensively reinforced by your direct patient treatment at Saturday’s clinic, providing you with an ideal learning experience.
Course Make-Up & Structure
This comprehensive orthodontic CE course includes a substantial hands-on component where dentists treat orthodontic patients in a clinical setting with intensive instructor oversight.
Because of the clinical component, course size is limited to a maximum of 20 dentists and we encourage you to enroll early in order to secure your spot.
Sessions generally meet for lecture on Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (with a break for lunch on your own) at the contracted hotel and on Saturday for patient clinic at the host dental practice from 8:00 AM to approximately 3:00 PM.
Each two-day session meets every other month for a total of 10 sessions over approximately 20 months.
Two dentists pair per operatory and each pair is typically assigned 6 to 7 patients.
Our goal is to keep those patients with the same dentists throughout the course (from braces on to braces off).
We take numerous photos throughout the course, so starting in Session 3, all course dentists will study all patient cases participating in the course.
The Friday lectures include the following topics:
- How brackets move teeth
- Differences in bracket systems
- Diagnosis – Class I, II, and III Malocclusions
- Cephalometric analysis and treatment planning
- Extractions – when to extract
- How to present ortho cases to patients
- Orthodontic Straight-Wire Mechanics
- How to band and bracket teeth
- Facial Aesthetics
- Ortho Appliances
- Palatal Expanders
- Limited Orthodontic Cases – minor tooth movement
- Space Maintenance
- Overbite / Overjet
- Open Bites
- Surgical (Orthognathic) Orthodontics
- Case Finishing
- Orthodontic Practice Management
|10 Session Hands-On Course||134 hours CDE|
AGD PACE Code: 370 Orthodontics
2022-2024 Course Session Dates
|June 25, 2022||Introduction|
|July 22-23, 2022||Session I|
|September 23-24, 2022||Session II|
|November 18-19, 2022||Session III|
|January 6-7, 2023||Session IV|
|March 10-11, 2023||Session V|
|May 12-13, 2023||Session VI|
|July 7-8, 2023||Session VII|
|September 8-9, 2023||Session VIII|
|November 10-11, 2023||Session IX|
|January 12-13, 2024||Session X & Graduation|
2023-2025 Course Session Dates
Enrollment OpenCall 1 (737) 242-7455 to Enroll
|August 26, 2023||One-Day Intro (In Person or Online)|
|October 6-7, 2023||Session I|
|December 8-9, 2023||Session II|
|February 9-10, 2024||Session III|
|April 12-13, 2024||Session IV|
|June 7-8, 2024||Session V|
|August 9-10, 2024||Session VI|
|October 11-12, 2024||Session VII|
|December 13-14, 2024||Session VIII|
|February 7-8, 2025||Session IX|
|April 11-12, 2025||Session X & Graduation|
Accommodations / Lecture Location
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin NW – Lakeline *
10911 Pecan Park Blvd
Austin, TX 78750
* mention you are attending our 10 Session Course to obtain a discount on room rates
Jeffery Gerhardt, D.D.S., P.C. (dba Advanced Family Dentistry)
3415-A El Salido Pkwy
Cedar Park, TX 78613
- Participating dentists must provide OTI with a copy of their active dental license in their home jurisdiction to enroll in this CE Course.
- Participating dentists should make the decision on whether to incorporate techniques and procedures into their practice for which they can perform competently.
- This CE Course is being delivered without Commercial Support.
- Statement from Instructors Jeffery Gerhardt, DDS, Khoi Nguyen, DDS, and Steve Snodell, DDS, MS: Neither I nor any member of my immediate family have any financial interests to disclose relating to the content of the presentations in this CE Course.
- This CE activity is being jointly provided with CE Zoom Partners LLC. Members of the CE Zoom Planning Committee have no relevant financial relationship to disclose.
- Jeffery Gerhardt, DDS PC (d/b/a Advanced Family Dentistry) is contracted with Orthodontic Teaching Institute (OTI). All Instructor Honorarium is paid by OTI.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the Academy of General Dentistry Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) through the joint program provider approval of CE Zoom and Orthodontic Teaching Institute. CE Zoom is approved for awarding FAGD/MAGD credit.